Faith United Methodist Church (formerly Atco Methodist Church) was established in 1922 by a small group of Christians who saw a need for a Methodist Church in the American Textile Company (Atco) Village near Cartersville. For over 30 years, Methodist and Baptist congregations shared facilities as they developed their ministries, primarily for families living in the immediate area. As both congregations grew, so did the need for separate facilities, and the Methodists built a new church on the corner of Goodyear Avenue and Cassville Road (adjacent to the Village). The first worship service was held in the new church on Easter Sunday, 1953.
During the next 45 years, the church ministered to an ever-expanding community. In 1962, when Atco Village was incorporated into the city of Cartersville, the church was renamed Faith Methodist Church. It became Faith United Methodist Church when the Methodist Church and the Evangelical United Brethren Church merged in 1968. The church took a major step forward in faith in the mid-1990’s when land was purchased and new facilities were later built at 501 Grassdale Road. Dedication service was November 7, 1999.
After almost 20 years in the new facility, Faith is an exciting and growing congregation. Our vision is to serve the community we live in, and the world around us, as we seek to fulfill our mission: “Honoring God, Sharing Christ, and Serving Others”.
Director of Children's and Family Ministry
Youth Ministry Director